About this course
What is the objective?
To provide candidates with a good understanding of asbestos surveying, removal, assessment and analytical services and provide the necessary background knowledge to procure, monitor and audit the quality of these services. The course will also provide knowledge of the legal requirements of asbestos management in buildings.
Who is it for?
- Manages asbestos in buildings.
- Procures asbestos-related services.
- Is a duty holder, or provides assistance to duty holders in a supporting role.
- Has a surveying, assessment or analytical background and is looking to progress into asbestos management.
- Manages or oversees asbestos removal on site (e.g. an analyst or building owner).
- Has the day-to-day responsibility to manage the asbestos register, asbestos data information and asbestos management action plan.
What are the entry requirements?
Awareness of the contents of:
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (Regulation 4).
- L143 – Managing and working with asbestos ACOP and guidance.
- HSG248 – Asbestos: The analysts’ guide for sampling, analysis and clearance procedures.
- HSG264 – The Survey Guide.
What are the main subject areas?
- Legislation and guidance for asbestos practitioners.
- The properties of asbestos and health effects of exposure to asbestos fibres.
- The types of asbestos and its uses in buildings.
- The types of asbestos surveys.
- The asbestos register, risk assessment and management plan.
- Asbestos remediation.
- The role of asbestos analysts and laboratory procedures.
How long does it take?
Normally four days